Vanastra is a small rural community approximately three kilometers south of Clinton, Ontario in the municipality of Huron East. It is most notably known for the top secret Royal Canadian Air Force station (RCAF) used to train over 7,000 radar technicians during World War II.
THE BARE NECESSITIES
→ Check Out Clinton, ON for near by amenities
→ Childcare Center
→ Convenience Store
- Vanastra Early Childhood Learning Centre
- Check out Clinton, or Seaforth for near by school options
- Vanastra Curling Club
- Vanastra Recreation Centre
- Hullett Provincial Wildlife Area
- Bible Missionary Church
- Vanastra Community Christian Reformed Church
Family own business offering home cooked meals from breakfast to dinner. Serving Huron County for over 30 years!
76988 London Rd Clinton ON N0M 1L0
- Good Choice Appliance Ltd.
- Close to Clinton, ON
- Chameleon Upholstery
- Great Canadian Solid Wood Furniture Co.
- D&D Glass & Mirror
PLACES TO VISIT
At the Vanastra Recreation Centre you will see a large sign directing visitors to walk the heritage trail for the Royal Canadian Air Force Base. 10 heritage plaques line the trail, offering historic stories and information about the local community. Information that was important to the Canadian Armed Forces for many years. The site was integral in the development of RADAR in Canada.